What Medications Are Available For ED Treatment?
All these work by relaxing your muscles and boosting blood flow to your penis, making erections easier to get and maintain. They are:
- avanafil (Stendra)
- sildenafil (Viagra)
- tadalafil (Cialis)
- vardenafil (Levitra)
- Custom Compounded Sildenafil / Tadalafil
- Custom Compounded Apomophine / Tadalafil / Oxytocin
Caution: Do not use these ED medications if you take nitrates , such as nitroglycerin or a similar medicine, for chest pain. The combination can cause dangerously low blood pressure.
What Precautions Should I Take?
Again, do not use these ED medications if you take nirartes, such as nitroglycerin or a similar medicine, for chest pain. But here are other siutuations that may make these medications unsafe as well. Beofre you take Viagra or one of the others, tell your doctor:
- If you’re allergic to any medications, including other ED medications
- About any prescription or nonprescription medications, you take, as well as any herbal and dietary supplements
- If you are scheduled for surgery, even dental surgery
- If you take alpha-blockers for blood pressure or prostate problems. These can lower your blood pressure when taken with ED pills.
Always follow the directions on your prescription label carefully. Also, make sure to ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain anything you don’t understand. Take these drugs exactly as directed.